#21 Aya

Aya

Росё-фудзё

• Админы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts
  • :

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:35 AM

Talking about Modern Azerbaijan I can't broach social problems subject, which is the one of vitall importance for every independent state.
One of the problems I am really interested and touched with is the lives of elderly population. I cannot look without pain and wrenching feeling in my heart at elderly people standing on the streets of my home town and begging. These people left without basic financial support, young generation usually do not have enough patience and tolerance to listen to their problems and support them. Those who don’t have families and have serious medical problems are even at the worse situation. Now when our country is moving toward market economy mostly younger people were able to adjust and elderly people, used to the soviet economy and system of social services, found themselves not needed. Although in our country the families are large and try to take care of their older parents and grandparents, elderly people still face many problems. We either have state institutions for elderly, where the conditions are so horrible that only most poor and even mainly elderly people without any relatives go to. These institutions often don’t have enough funding for food and heating and I am not even talking about special interesting activities for elderly. Or they are staying with their families and sometimes they have nothing to do at home and only play with their grandchildren. However, many of them are still not very old and have their personal interests, ideas, and problems.

#22 Stoli4naya

Stoli4naya

Бывалый

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • :

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:12 AM

The first thing that comes to my mind when talking about social condition of the Modern Azerbaijan is youth, it's problems, it's ideas, it's goals, it's values and it's beliefs.2 years ago a group of youth mostly educated abroad gathered together and decided to take in initiative in changing minds of the elder population along with other youth and organized a youth movement.It is called “OL” Azerbaijan Youth Movement. This is going to be a short story about how they got together, why they did so, and where they are at the moment.Each of them facing certain social problems in the community searched for others with the same issues and willingness to bring changes into their life and life of others. The movement consisted of youth who regardless of their nationality, language, religion, and gender strived for the sustainable development of their country. Their main goal was to develop and to implement such principles as tolerance, modernity and non-violence. They also believed that in order to live in the Free State, Azerbaijan needs more independent thinking, well educated and capable youth. Understanding the responsibility for the healthy future they call youth to actively participate in society’s life. They assist to other youth in education and developing personal skills and also realization from the professional standpoint. Thus also helps building strong network among youth in Azerbaijan.Their activities include charity events, fundraisings, seminars, trainings, summer camps, round-tables and also different campaigns. Each campaign held is accompanied with members wearing t-shirts with movement logo on it and is always obeyed to state laws.
Charity events and fundraisings are a consistent part of monthly activity. Visiting orphanages, organizing fun activities for children, putting-out their needs, holding English language and computers courses for them and also taking them for a walk is an important part of our weekly routines.Different speakers would participate at the seminars and different foreign guests would hold trainings for students and others.The members of the movement want to live in a developed country. As the youth of Azerbaijan, it is their duty and resolution to do everything in order to contribute to this development. Their simple guiding principles are:
Be Free! Be Democratic! Be Just! Be Tolerant! Be Active! Be Healthy! Be Green! Be Professional! And Be Modern!

#23 Evora

Evora

оранжевая зяба

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • :

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:14 AM

Dear Friends,

Remember that you have only 2 days to post your replies. Please, check your PM boxes.
Thanks in advance. smile.gif

#24 Stoli4naya

Stoli4naya

Бывалый

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • :

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:24 AM

Hmm..interesting..By the way today is the 27th... and as far as I can see, only Aya and I have posted our topics..
What happens next? smile.gif

#25 Evora

Evora

оранжевая зяба

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • :

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:40 AM

Цитата(Stoli4naya @ Aug 27 2007, 01:24 AM) View Post

Hmm..interesting..By the way today is the 27th... and as far as I can see, only Aya and I have posted our topics..
What happens next? smile.gif

I am sorry, because of personal problems I couldn't control the Club. And now I am back smile.gif therefore we will find the solution to the problem. You have a tip - time till the end of this month. This is the last chance.

Subject: Modern Azerbaijan and Its Social Condition.

Authors:

1. Evora -
2. Aya +
3. Stoli4naya +
4. Slaveoftime -
5. Holden -
6. Elf -
7. FERRERO ROCHER -

Edited by Evora, 27 August 2007 - 08:43 AM.

#26 Evora

Evora

оранжевая зяба

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • :

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

Azerbaijan and it social condition

Here is the “fairy”-tale about the place called Azerbaijan… This is the very land, where I was born, and should demonstrate my devotion living within its territory… This is the country of those, whose pain tortures them deep inside… This is the remnant of past, victim of present, and object of future…

Natural wealth, important for each terrain, has been presented to this land by Lord… But it is as a weapon in hands of a child… than a soldier… So it is both useless and dangerous…

This place is a vulnerable, desperate kid lost in a big desert…

If you penetrate into substance, you’ll encounter with subtlety of its culture, literature, music, and works of art… you will get the gist of the story… Azerbaijan is the land that deserves even honour shown to pharaohs… May be the day will come, and all these wishes will be realized and this little lost child will survive or be rescued…

Nevertheless, the main thing for present Azerbaijan is to implement all necessary tasks to make education better… Since the level of it, is considered to be fatally low… May be some measures are being taken, but it is just a curtain for one window… though there are plenty of them uncovered…

If we don’t try to change things for better, no one will strive to do it… Each of us should make something for being radical for the sake of this country…

Diaspora of Azerbaijan is limping badly… however the first step to be taken is to introduce Azerbaijan to the world society properly and honorably…For this reason we should work for intelligence boom… inside our home…

So many shortcomings… so many lacks… and such killing indifference… We are so indifferent, passive and uncaring… As if all inhabitants took fatal dose drug…

We should endeavor to be revolutionary for our enhanced future…

Edited by Evora, 30 August 2007 - 11:40 AM.

#27 FERRERO ROCHER

FERRERO ROCHER

гламур - это Я ))

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • :

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:58 PM

Azerbaijan and its Social Condition

First of all I would like to mention that from the geo-strategic point of view Azerbaijan is a perfect place for
creating and further developing non-industrial sectors of the overall economy. But, irrespective of this, and because of the short-sighted policy of the Government Officials, my country exhausts its Natural Resources. But, taking into consideration the geographical location of Azerbaijan and the right "usage policy", the Country could be one of the most attractive ones in the tourism industry .
But what do we have now? We live in a country where the industrial priority belongs to the oil sector. And as a result of the "wrong policy", the Country in the nearest future will exaust its oil stock, and the population will face a high percentage of unemploymnet. I think that as far as it's not too late, the Government has to think about the future generation and develop its non-oil sectors, as tourism, agriculture, etc.
Also, I would like to touch the social level of the population. With increasing of the non-oil sector, the Country could open a lot of work places. Thus, the percentage of unemployent will decline, and the social level of the population, especially at the periphery, will have a chance to rise up to the minimum soical living condition.

It's not a secret, that in the world practice the policy of tourism development brings a high income to the country budget. As they say, tourism is a chance that your country could get from the Nature.
I think we have to start thinking about our future from now and to make good use from the given Natural Resources by referring to the World Practice.

#28 Evora

Evora

оранжевая зяба

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • :

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:56 AM

Ok, dear friends,

Thanks to the ones, who kept their promise having added replies and the ones, who did not. smile.gif

Slaveoftime, Elf, and Holden have been disqualified form this round.

Eventually, we have 4 participants:

1. Aya
2. Stoli4naya
3. Evora
4. FERRERO ROCHER

Subject: Modern Azerbaijan and Its Social Condition

All discussers,

You are kindly asked to get acquainted with the posts of your friends properly and state your affirmative or negative attitude regarding their point of view. You may ask them to clarify the vague allusion in their answers. You can insert your comments or hints liberally, as well as unconventionally.

Let's go!

Edited by Evora, 03 September 2007 - 08:57 AM.

#29 Stoli4naya

Stoli4naya

Бывалый

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • :

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:16 AM

Ok, should I go first?smile.gif

So, considering the fact that half of my life I've spent working in different NGO's and youth organizations,I find Aya's topic the most interesting and closest to me in many ways. Although, I would consider Ferrero Rocher's topic very actual nowadays. Both of these 2 discussers have touched the most volnurable issues and stated their minds properly. I do agree with their points of view and I don't find anything else to be added to them.

Evora's writing style is very abstract. She doesn't really stay on one specific issue, but tries to embrace many at a time. I would underline only one sentence which I liked the best: " For this reason we should work for intelligence boom… inside our home…" I completely agree with this statement and I think the whole her idea is shown in this one sentence.

Thanks,

Stoli4naya

#30 Gadfly_o

Gadfly_o

Пользователь

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • :

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:06 AM

Can I take part in these discussions? (I asked because I've just noticed the topic)

Edited by Gadfly_o, 05 September 2007 - 08:06 AM.

#31 Evora

Evora

оранжевая зяба

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • :

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:29 AM

Цитата(Gadfly_o @ Sep 5 2007, 01:06 AM) View Post

Can I take part in these discussions? (I asked because I've just noticed the topic)

Certainly you can, however, comment or ask definite questions to the authors. You may also note down your own estimation on the subject; unfortunately in this round you will not get any points, nevertheless you can partake in the next one if you are willing to. smile.gif

#32 Evora

Evora

оранжевая зяба

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • :

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:42 AM

Aya,
First of all I would like to begin with your post. I should mention that I found your attitude reasonable and important. I mean you talked about older generation and youth’ behavior toward them, so what exactly you intended to express saying “young generation usually do not have enough patience and tolerance to listen to their problems and support them.” Since, I do wish to know if you have any suggestions concerning this.

Edited by Evora, 05 September 2007 - 08:42 AM.

#33 Молчун

Молчун

Пользователь

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • :

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:29 PM

Guys,

Would you mind my joining your conversation? Guess, no. smile.gif Damn! What the Hell are you talking about?! Hate this tyrannical ruler... as well as I think that our hopes in Azerbaijan are doomed to disappointment... Of course, it depends on your closeness to the Family...

Go ahead and make me changing my opinion... If you can... smile.gif

#34 Evora

Evora

оранжевая зяба

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • :

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:32 AM

Цитата(Молчун @ Sep 5 2007, 10:29 AM) View Post

Guys,

Would you mind my joining your conversation? Guess, no. smile.gif Damn! What the Hell are you talking about?! Hate this tyrannical ruler... as well as I think that our hopes in Azerbaijan are doomed to disappointment... Of course, it depends on your closeness to the Family...

Go ahead and make me changing my opinion... If you can... smile.gif

If even you reacted to this, then I guess everything can change...) We are trying to utter our point of view...) negative or positive... Personally, I didn't say anything justifying "this tyrannical ruler" - and I don't have the same opinion, since instead, I would say "the ruler we deserve ". Hopes are not doomed, except us. smile.gif

#35 Stoli4naya

Stoli4naya

Бывалый

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • :

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:34 AM

Dear Молчун,

We are not discussing our president in this topic. Neither are we discussing our closeness to the "Family", and I don't think that anyone of us will even be interested in changing your mind.

Thank you,

Best regards,
Stoli4naya

#36 Evora

Evora

оранжевая зяба

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • :

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:51 AM

Stoli4naya,

I do want to ask you about this Youth Movement. I entered their homepage. Saw there some pics, their main principles, and etc. I have only one question regarding this movement. Do they support any political Party?

#37 Stoli4naya

Stoli4naya

Бывалый

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • :

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:58 AM

In the manifesto of the Youth movement is says following: " “OL!” Azerbaijan Youth Movement is a non-political social movement. "

#38 Evora

Evora

оранжевая зяба

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • :

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:01 AM

Цитата(Stoli4naya @ Sep 5 2007, 10:58 PM) View Post

In the manifesto of the Youth movement is says following: " “OL!” Azerbaijan Youth Movement is a non-political social movement. "

I noticed... but it doesn't mean that everything I see in their manifesto, available to everyone, is that very needed reality smile.gif However, accept my gratitude. smile.gif

#39 Молчун

Молчун

Пользователь

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • :

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:10 AM

Цитата(Stoli4naya @ Sep 6 2007, 08:34 AM) View Post

Dear Молчун,

We are not discussing our president in this topic. Neither are we discussing our closeness to the "Family", and I don't think that anyone of us will even be interested in changing your mind.

Thank you,

Best regards,
Stoli4naya

Remind me the subject... It is impossible to deny reality and to try to escape from it...

Anyway, let's keep talking... It is the main purpose of this con-land wink.gif

#40 Stoli4naya

Stoli4naya

Бывалый

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • :

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:11 AM

I can garantee you that, because I'm also a member of the movement smile.gif I don't belong to any of the policital parties and wouldn't be involved in anything political. So, there you go, can trust me now smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users