#101 sensitive

sensitive

Бывалый

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Time Online: 51m 45s

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:46 AM

I think, first of all it is problematic topic and very actual in present. While I was studying at school, some of my teachers obtained low degree of knowledge. For example, my teacher of literature did not know most plays/poems and when she wanted to give us examples often made mistakes or could not memorize even one couple of a poem. We knew it but were not trying to correct. And also during university years we had a teacher which did not know English well although we studied in English. He often pronounced words with very bad accent. Sometimes we tried to pronounce them again in order he could know his fault. Or, he did not know exact translations of words and was looking to a dictionary while somebody was asking smth. I think, if teachers have mistakes pupils or students should correct. It helps teachers; they will understand that should get know more and more and develop their knowledge in order students can’t find mistakes. Of course, there are some teachers don’t feel shy before students from absence of their knowledge. I’m of the opinion that, there is nothing to help them. We meet such situations especially at schools. I think the main root of this problem is low salary. It’s obvious that teachers get very low salary in our country and they are obliged to have private pupils to earn extra money. That’s why they haven’t free time to read more books and get additional information. I expressed all my opinions in a short text and it seems that I muddled your mind. Sorry for it.

Aya, thank you a lot

#102 FuntiK

FuntiK

Старейшина

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts
  • :

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:07 AM

Цитата(Aya @ Apr 8 2008, 09:41 AM) Просмотреть Сообщение

Here is the topic.

Do agree or disagree that students should correct their teachers if the latters have done the mistakes?

The limit is 50 words.

I had almost the same topic when was preparing for IELTS exam ))

#103 MASTER_IER

MASTER_IER

Master of Eylence.AZ

• Новенькие
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • :

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

Цитата(Aya @ Apr 8 2008, 09:41 AM) Просмотреть Сообщение

Here is the topic.

Do [/color]you[color=#FF0000] agree or disagree that students should correct their teachers if the l[color=#FF0000]atters have done the mistakes?

The limit is 50 words.

Even i'll be worng, i have given my own variant.

I think there must be a dialog between teacher and student during the lessons. There is a rule that teachers must know everything that they are talking about. But this rule doesn't work every time. That is why, i think students should correct their teacher's mistakes. Even there can be situation that student tries to correct teacher's mistake. But in the end when they clear up the question student understands his mistake and teacher raises self-confidence. smile.gif

#104 sensitive

sensitive

Бывалый

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:35 PM

Цитата(MASTER_IER @ Apr 8 2008, 02:55 PM) Просмотреть Сообщение

I think there must be a dialog between teacher and student during the lessons. There is a rule ACTUALLY that such teachers must know everything that they are talking about. But this rule doesn't work every time. That is why, i think students should correct their teacher's mistakes. Even there can be situation that IN SOME CASES student tries to correct teacher's mistake. But in AT the end when they clear up the question student understands his mistake and teacher raises self-confidence. smile.gif

I think there are some mistakes in the text which was written by Master. Am I right teachers?

#105 sensitive

sensitive

Бывалый

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

I think you should use "should" instead of "must" in your text. Because, "must" has the meaning of obligation, but "should" has the meaning of advise. Maybe I'm not right.

#106 Aya

Aya

Росё-фудзё

• Админы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts
  • :

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:06 PM

Цитата(sensitive @ Apr 8 2008, 11:46 AM) Просмотреть Сообщение

I think, first of all it is problematic topic and very actual in present (. While I was studying at school, some of my teachers obtained low degree of knowledge. For example, my teacher of literature did not know most plays/poems and when she wanted to give us examples often made mistakes or could not memorize even one couple of a poem. We knew it but were not trying to correct. And also during university years we had a teacher which did not know English well although we studied in English. He often pronounced words with very bad accent. Sometimes we tried to pronounce them again in order he could know his fault. Or, he did not know exact translations of words and was looking to a dictionary while somebody was asking smth. I think, if teachers have mistakes pupils or students should correct. It helps teachers; they will understand that should get know more and more and develop their knowledge in order students can’t find mistakes. Of course, there are some teachers don’t feel shy before students from absence of their knowledge. I’m of the opinion that, there is nothing to help them. We meet such situations especially at schools. I think the main root of this problem is low salary. It’s obvious that teachers get very low salary in our country and they are obliged to have private pupils to earn extra money. That’s why they haven’t free time to read more books and get additional information. I expressed all my opinions in a short text and it seems that I muddled your mind. Sorry for it.

Aya, thank you a lot

I think, first of all it is problematic and very actual topic in present (. It is better to use (I believe or I suppose, I think expression is very strong and subjective).
While I was studying at school, some of my teachers obtained low degree of knowledge. Do you mean the low level of the knoweledge or something else? The meaning of the sentence left to be more clear.

Although our classes were in English during my university years we had a teacher who did not know English well enough to teach us.

I think, if teachers made mistakes pupils or students could correct them.
Of course, there are some teachers who don’t feel shy in front of students because of the lack of the knowledge.

We used to meet such situations especially at schools. Or we met such a situations especcially at shools

I think the main root of this problem is the low salary.

I expressed all my opinion in a short text and it seems that I muddled your mind. Sorry for it.
Opinion is non countable, so it could not accept plural (S).

Цитата(MASTER_IER @ Apr 8 2008, 02:55 PM) Просмотреть Сообщение

Even i'll be worng, i have given my own variant.
I think there must be a dialog between teacher and student during the lessons. There is a rule that teachers must know everything that they are talking about. But this rule doesn't work every time. That is why, i think students should correct their teacher's mistakes. Even there can be situation that student tries to correct teacher's mistake. But in the end when they clear up the question student understands his mistake and teacher raises self-confidence. smile.gif

I better use alghtough instead of even. Alghtough I am wrong I give my own point of view.

That is why, i think students should correct their teacher's mistakes. Do you mean their or the?

#107 sensitive

sensitive

Бывалый

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:23 PM

Цитата(Aya @ Apr 8 2008, 04:06 PM) Просмотреть Сообщение

While I was studying at school, some of my teachers obtained low degree of knowledge. Do you mean the low level of the knoweledge or something else? The meaning of the sentence left to be more clear.
Yes, I mean the low level of knowledge

Although our classes were in English during my university years we had a teacher who did not know English well enough to teach us.

I think, if teachers made mistakes pupils or students could correct them.

We used to meet such situations especially at schools. Or we met such a situations especcially at shools
Could I know, why u use these sentences in the Past Simple?

#108 Aya

Aya

Росё-фудзё

• Админы
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts
  • :

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:44 PM

Do you mean the situation which occurs in everyday life? If yes you still may use Present simple, if you meant the situation from your own life that means the action was in the past, and in this case Past simple. IMHO.

#109 sensitive

sensitive

Бывалый

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

I mean the situation which occurs in everyday life. Thank you for explaining giverose.gif

#110 MASTER_IER

MASTER_IER

Master of Eylence.AZ

• Новенькие
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • :

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:08 PM

Цитата(Aya @ Apr 8 2008, 04:06 PM) Просмотреть Сообщение

That is why, i think students should correct their teacher's mistakes. Do you mean their or the?

I mean THEIR. But i have changed my mind smile.gif We can write this sentence without THEIR. Or not?

#111 J_a_m_a_l

J_a_m_a_l

Завсегдатай

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Time Online: 8m 54s

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(Aya @ Apr 8 2008, 04:06 PM) Просмотреть Сообщение

I think, first of all it is problematic and very actual topic in present (. It is better to use (I believe or I suppose, I think expression is very strong and subjective).

Sensi, if you meant that in everyday life, you should use some kinds of adverb like ''everyday, always, still and etc.''. Because it is better to understand it and to know that this porblem is still current problem.

In english ''actual'' means ''real''; ''actually means ''really'' or ''in fact''. They can be used to correct mistakes or misunderstandings. There isn't any misunderstanding in your sentence or you don't need to correct anybody's mistakes. They are also used to make things clearer or more precise, or to introduce unexpected information. I give some samples: I've got a new job. Actually, they have made me sales manager. She was so angry that she actually tore up the letter. The book says she died aged 47, but her actual age was 43. 'Hello, John, nice to see you.' 'Actually, my name is Andy.'
That is why you should use ''current, present, up to date, at this moment and etc'' instead of ''actual'.

That sentence is a little bit complicated, and it is too difficult to understand the main idea. I can not see any connection between the sentences. Can you explain me what you meant here?

#112 J_a_m_a_l

J_a_m_a_l

Завсегдатай

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(MASTER_IER @ Apr 8 2008, 02:55 PM) Просмотреть Сообщение

I think there must be a dialog between teachers and students during the lessons. There is a rule that teachers must know everything that they are talking about. But this rule doesn't work every time. That is why, i think students should correct their teacher's mistakes. Even there can be situation that student tries to correct teacher's mistake. But in the end when they clear up the question student understands his mistake and teacher raises self-confidence. smile.gif

Supposed to me, ''Teachers have to know everything what they are talking about.
If I were you I wrote something different instead of your underlined senctence:
That is why, students should lead their teachers to dialog, and make lessons more interesting and try to obey that rule.

#113 sensitive

sensitive

Бывалый

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:25 PM

Thanks Jamal. I have already read everything. I'll try to take consideration such details which you mentioned above in my later writings.

I meant "aktualliq" while was writing "actual". Maybe there's another translation of this word which I don't know.

#114 J_a_m_a_l

J_a_m_a_l

Завсегдатай

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE(sensitive @ Apr 9 2008, 03:25 PM) Просмотреть Сообщение

Thanks Jamal. I have already read everything. I'll try to take consideration such details which you mentioned above in my later writings.

I meant "aktualliq" while was writing "actual". Maybe there's another translation of this word which I don't know.

to take into consideration

I know what you did mean with ''actual''. But, I wrote it from a grammar book. I searched its translation and met with ''topicality''.

#115 Realium

Realium

Immortal Fire

• Активисты
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,195 posts
  • Time Online: 16d 16h 28m 53s

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:57 PM

Jamal, are you "cool boy"? lol.gif

#116 J_a_m_a_l

J_a_m_a_l

Завсегдатай

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(Realium @ Apr 10 2008, 12:57 AM) Просмотреть Сообщение

No, man, I'm ''hot boy''. lol.gif Deyme mene yoxsa yanarsan. biggrin.gif

Edited by J_a_m_a_l, 10 April 2008 - 02:58 PM.

#117 Aircoyote

Aircoyote

Пользователь

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Time Online: 5m 5s

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

Цитата(Realium @ Apr 10 2008, 01:57 AM) Просмотреть Сообщение

Croc will kill you bye.gif

#118 FuntiK

FuntiK

Старейшина

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts
  • :

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

In contrast to previous orators, I think that students should not correct their teachers during the lesson. When corrected in front of the audience, teacher can lose respect and can be easily offended. I believe, that the perfect way to point out mistakes is to approach teacher after classes. And after that its up to the teacher to announce the mistake to the class and to unveil the person, who rectified the error.

On the other hand, the above behaviour depends on the teacher and his/her relationship with the student. If student knows, that the teacher is an easy-going person, who accepts criticism, then it is possible to express thoughts in a polite way in front of the class.

And lets dont forget, that every teacher is a human, and every human can make a mistake.

P.S. Aya, now its your turn to find and correct my mistakes )) I will not be offended, I promise ))

P.P.S Who knows any synonyms to the word "teacher"? I had to use this word almost in every sentence, but according to IELTS rules, repeating must be avoided.

Edited by FuntiK, 10 April 2008 - 05:09 PM.

#119 J_a_m_a_l

J_a_m_a_l

Завсегдатай

• Постояльцы
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(FuntiK @ Apr 10 2008, 08:08 PM) Просмотреть Сообщение

P.P.S Who knows any synonyms to the word "teacher"? I had to use this word almost in every sentence, but according to IELTS rules, repeating must be avoided.

Instructor can be synonym for teacher.

#120 MASTER_IER

MASTER_IER

Master of Eylence.AZ

• Новенькие
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • :

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:24 AM

We are sleeping, we are sleeping. smile.gif

Aya haven't corrected Funtik yet. If he is right, please inform us about this, Aya.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users